The Path of the Inner Light
(Volume 1 - Page 546-548)
I outline for you below a simple meditation exercise to be duly carried forward. Proceed with it carefully, and use not too great an intensity as yet. It is a meditation which I give at times to my pupils and is called a "Meditation on the Path of the Inner Light."
- Sit erect, but relaxed, and in a position of physical comfort.
- Withdraw the consciousness inward in successive stages, using the imagination in so doing. The imagination is a creative activity, producing definite inner changes. Upon this you can depend, for it is one of the forces influencing substance itself. Therefore, withdraw your consciousness:
- From the physical brain, after definitely centering it there, to the astral body.
- From the astral body to the mind. Then recognise yourself as being an integrated personality.
- From the integrated personality to the soul.
- As you do this work, endeavour to see the thread of golden light which connects these three bodies, keeping your consciousness steadily in the head, at the center between the eyebrows, the ajna center. This thread, dual in nature like two golden cables intertwined, passes from the heart and head and connects you, as a personality, with the soul.
- When you have thus carried it upwards, and seen it aligning and relating all the three aspects of the personality, then pause in your meditation and realise—quietly and silently—that:
- You are now face to face with your own soul, and standing before the Angel of the Presence, who is yourself.
- You, the personal self, and the Angel, the divine Self, are one essential Reality, manifesting through three aspects. You are, therefore, a reflection of the Trinity of Deity.
- There is in reality no separation or duality, no I, or Thou, but simply a God in manifestation, Whose nature is Light.
- Then say:
- “Having pervaded this world of the little, manifested self with one fraction of myself, I remain greater, wider and overshadowing all my daily living.” Ponder on this thought for 5 minutes.
- I, the manifesting Self, through the magical power of my nature, revitalise, redeem and re-absorb this fraction, dwelling in the body. Ponder on this thought for 5 minutes.
- Then carry the life and light of the Angel of the Presence back again consciously into the body and know it to be there, illuminating your mind, rendering positive and quiescent your astral nature, and invigorating and stimulating your physical body. Do this definitely and slowly, using the will.
- Then send forth the incoming light and love in strength and blessing:
- To your group brothers.
- To all in your immediate family and environment whom you seek to aid.
- To distressed humanity.
As you do this regard yourself as working consciously as a soul and as a tiny representative and channel for the Hierarchy of Masters Whom you seek to serve. These can only reach your immediate personal circle and environment through you.
- Then say aloud the following invocation:
"May the energy of the divine Self inspire and the light of the Soul direct;
may I be led from darkness to light, from the unreal to the real, from death to immortality."