Meditation upon ‘The Lord’s Prayer’
(Volume 1 - Page 605)
There are, as you may well know, still certain mental activities belonging to your old state of mind which seethe beneath the surface of your life. These, too, must be transmuted and it is for you to discover the method. I can but indicate need and opportunity. As for the method you should follow in meditation, I suggest the procedure outlined below:
1. Achieve alignment and then raise the consciousness as high as possible. Assume then the attitude of the soul.
2. Sound the Sacred Word, breathing it out throughout the entire personality.
3. Ponder next upon the Lord's Prayer as part of your group work:
“Our Father, Who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread and forgive us our debts as we forgive our debtors.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil,
for Thine is the kingdom, and the power and the glory forever.”
4. Seek by the power of your thought and through the outpouring of love to contact your co-disciples and group brothers. This is important, for it not only aids in group integration but it serves to decentralise you from the center of your own stage.
5. Then endeavour to contemplate or to realise yourself as the soul, as divine, as the Christ within. This will take the highest concentration of which you are capable.
6. Then say the following with thought behind the words:
"I stand before the judgment seat of my own soul. I am that soul. All love and light am I.
I serve the world and lose myself in service.
This is my life and this is the way that I will tread until the Day-be-with-us."
7. Sound the Word slowly, sending it forth in love to your group brothers.