Full Moon Alignment with the Master
(Volume 2 - Page 26)
During the two days leading up to the Full Moon, make a most definite effort to step up your consciousness a little higher at each of the three spiritual points in each day - morning, noon, night.
Then, at some hour in the day of the full moon, but prior to the exact hour if that hour is not possible, follow the procedure outlined below:
- Center the consciousness in the head.
- Imagine yourself as retreating even more consciously within, towards that point of contact where personality-soul and the teacher in the world of souls can meet and become as one.
- Then hold yourself as poised and steady as possible, preserving that detached poise as fully as may be during the following process, which is carried forward silently by the creative activity of the imagination.
- Imagine or visualize yourself as standing before a golden or ivory door.
- See that door slowly open, revealing a long low room with three windows - one looking east, one looking west and one looking north. Seated before the eastern window on a low carved chair, you may visualize your Tibetan brother, in deep meditation, seeking to contact you and all for whom he is responsible as a teacher.
- Then picture yourself advancing slowly up the long room and then standing before him. See also your group brothers standing with you. Then each of you can constitute himself, in imagination, as spokesman for his group and offer the group in service and deep consecration to the service of the Plan.
- When you have accomplished this, imagine that you see me rising from my chair. Then as a group we face the East and say together the Great Invocation. Consciously endeavor to follow my lead as we say the words, and listen with care, using the imagination. This will involve intense concentration.
Make a careful analysis each month of your success or failure to carry out this discipline, and note with exactitude all reaction, results and phenomena. Success will depend upon your ability to achieve a strong mental reorientation and focus, to keep detached from brain activity and yet at the same time, to preserve the waking brain attentiveness. The resultant effects, reactions, and the registering of any realization must be noted for the two days succeeding the Full Moon.
Full Moon Alignment with the Master
(Volume 2 - Page 127)
In connection with the Full Moon work, I seek to change the process of entering my study and contacting me. I will give you another symbolic process which will follow five stages:
- At the time of the Full Moon (covering all five days) picture an ocean of blue and a blazing Sun which can be seen rising slowly upon the horizon.
- Picture yourself as throwing yourself into the ocean, free of all encumbrances, worries, anxieties and cares, and as swimming towards a rowboat lying midway between you and the rising Sun. As you swim, you become aware of your group brothers also swimming in the same direction. You recognize, know and love each other.
- Then visualize yourself as climbing into the boat. When all of the group are in, then see yourselves as each grasping an oar, and together, rhythmically and steadily, rowing towards the rising Sun.
- Then see - between you and the rising Sun - a figure moving toward you. It will be myself (the Master D.K.) coming from the light, in your direction. In the clear pathway of the light you can see me distinctly. The group sees me together.
- Then say, inaudibly, yet as a group:
“Into the light we move, beckoned thereto by thee.
Out of the dark we come, driven thereto by the soul of all.
Up from the earth we spring and into the ocean of light we plunge.
Together we come. Together we move,
guided and led by the soul we serve
and by thee, the Master we know.
The Master within and the Master without are One. That One are we.
The One is all - my soul, thy soul, the Master and the soul of all.”
If you will each do this on the five days of the Full Moon, you will produce a group fusion of purpose/will and of love.