Exercise for Clear Vision and Interpretation
(Volume 2 - Pages 495-496)
- Exercise prior to Meditation:
- Stand erect, facing your soul. Then say audibly,
“I accept the responsibility of discipleship which my soul has placed upon me.”
- Then pause a minute, endeavoring to realize the full significance of this undertaking. Then dismiss it.
- Again face your soul and say:
“I accept with joy and with confidence and with a sense of comradeship, my share in the responsibility of making the spiritual work in the world successful.”
- Pause again, trying to grasp the true implications of this pledge.
- Meditation Work:
- Sit erect but relaxed. Withdraw the consciousness inward in successive stages, using the imagination in so doing. The imagination is a creative activity producing definite inner change. Upon this you can depend because it is one of the forces influencing substance itself. Therefore:
- Withdraw from the physical brain, after definitely focusing your consciousness there. Withdraw to the astral plane.
- Withdraw from the astral body to the mental body. From that point recognize yourself as an integrated personality.
- Withdraw from the personality into the soul.
- As you do this work, try to see the thread of golden light which connects these three aspects of yourself. Ast the same time, keep your consciousness focused in the head at the center between the eyebrows, the ajna center. This thread, dual in nature, like two intertwined golden cables, passes from the heart and connects you, the personality, with the soul.
- Having achieved this alignment and withdrawing, and having thus related the three aspects of the personality, quietly realize three facts:
- That you are now face to face with your own Soul, standing before the Angel of the Presence.
- That you, this angelic Being, are essentially Reality, manifesting through three aspects.
- That separation, therefore, does not exist.
- Then say with emphasis and understanding:
“Having pervaded this world of the little manifested self with one fraction of my greater Self, I remain, greater, wider, inclusive and therefore overshadowing all of my daily living.”
Ponder on this for five minutes.
- Then add to the above the following statement:
“I, the manifesting Self, through the magical power of my nature, redeem, reabsorb and revitalize this fraction, dwelling in my form.”
- Then sound the O M three times:
- Sound it mentally, breathing forth radiance onto the mental plane.
- Sound it next in a whisper, breathing forth the dispelling power of Light onto the astral plane.
- Then sound it audibly, breathing illumination onto the physical plane.
- This is followed by a period of listening, or what is esoterically called “egoic conversation.”