Centralizing the Consciousness in the Ajna Center
(Volume 2 - Pages 604-605)
The object of this particular exercise is to centralize the consciousness (plus the energies of which it is aware within the physical body) in the center between the eyebrows, the ajna center. When this is done, a secondary form of integration is made possible, i.e., the integration of forces coming from the outer world of impression, via the five senses and the synthesizing sense, the mind.
You have, therefore, energies seeking outlet and expression, via the etheric body as it conditions and renders active the dense physical body. At the same time, you have energies making known to the man the world of spiritual Being. Of these two worlds of sense perception, the two eyes are the symbol.
- Achieve quiet. Relax with as much rapidity as possible and with little mental activity. Then
raise the consciousness to the ajna center.
- Sound the O M, visualizing the integration of the personality with the soul. In doing this,
link the pituitary center with the head center, above the pineal gland.
- Then pause and after a mental grasp of what is to be done, proceed as follows:
- Take a long breath and draw the energy from the throat center in so doing.
- Repeat the breathing and draw the energy from the heart center, holding these two withdrawn energies imaginatively in the ajna center.
- Repeat also in connection with the solar plexus.
- Repeat also in connection with the sacral center.
- Recognizing that four types of energy have been centered in the ajna center, take another long breath and draw the energy of the muladhara center (root) to the ajna.
- Then consciously endeavor to hold all the energies there.
- At this point, dedicate the energies of the personality (which express themselves through these five centers and the ajna center, making six centers in all) and breathe them back again - by an act of will - into the centers to which they belong. Do not do this sequentially and piecemeal but as one dynamic outbreathing; see the energies travelling down the spine in their respective resting places, carrying new life, pure stimulation and dynamic will to each and every center.
- Then, as the soul informing the body, sound the O M and proceed with the group meditation.
This meditation should definitely aid in increasing the activity of the physical body
and make a life of discipline into a life of unconscious, automatic spiritual expression.