PREVIOUS | HOME | TOC
- By the development of Goodwill, which is the will of good intention and motive, will come the healing of diseases of the respiratory tract, lungs and throat, the stabilising of the cells of the brain, the cure of insanities and obsessions, and an attainment of equilibrium and of rhythm. Longevity will ensue, for death should be the recognition by the Soul of work consummated and pralaya earned. It will only take place later at long and separated periods, and will be controlled by the will of the man. He will cease to breathe when he has finished his work, and then will send the atoms of his body into pralaya. That is the sleep of the physical, the end of manifestation, and the occult significance of this is not yet comprehended.
- By a comprehension of the laws of Vitality—and in this phrase are comprehended the laws governing prana, radiation and magnetism—will come the healing of the diseases in the blood, of the arteries and veins, of certain nervous complaints, lack of vitality, senile decay, poor circulation and similar ills. This too will result in the prolongation of life. The laws of electrical energy will also be better understood in this connection.
- By the understanding of right methods of Assimilation and Elimination will come the healing of diseases connected with the bodily tissues, the stomach and bowels and the male and female organs of generation. It will some day be understood that these latter are only another system of assimilation and elimination, centered this time in the feminine aspect or woman, for again remember that this is the second or love system. The order is thus:
- The first system was masculine.
- The present system, the second, is feminine.
- The third system will be hermaphroditic.
THE CAUSES OF DISEASE SUMMARIZED
In every occult consideration of disease it must be accepted as a basic proposition that all disease is a result of the misuse of force in some earlier life or in this. This is fundamental. In connection with this I would remind you of some statements I have earlier made on this matter.
- Ninety per cent of the causes of disease are to be found in the Etheric and Astral bodies. Wrong use of mental energy and misapplied desire are paramount factors, yet with the bulk of humanity still in the Atlantean stages of consciousness, only five per cent of the prevalent diseases are due to mental causes. The percentage varies with the development of the race and its evolution. Disease is therefore the working out into manifestation of undesirable, subjective conditions—vital, emotional and mental.
- Everything concerning the health of man can be approached from three angles:
- That of the personality life...of this we are learning much.
- That of humanity as a whole..this is beginning to be appreciated.
- That of the planetary life....of this we can know little.
- All disease is caused by lack of harmony between form and life, between Soul and personality; this lack of harmony runs through all the kingdoms in nature.
- The bulk of diseases are of:
- Group origin.
- The result of infection.
- Malnutrition, physically, subjectively and occultly understood.
- Diseases for the masses, for the average citizen, for the intelligentsia and for disciples differ widely and have differing fields of expression. The three major groups of diseases for the first two classes are tuberculosis, the social diseases and cancer.
- The two major diseases for the intelligentsia and for disciples are Heart complaints and Nervous diseases.
- Disease is a fact in nature. When this is accepted, men will begin to work with the Law of Liberation, with right thought, leading to right attitudes and orientation, and with the principle of nonresistance. Of this nonresistance, the overpowering willingness to die which is so frequently a characteristic of the final stage immediately preceding death is the lowest manifestation. Nonresistance psychologically governs coma.
- The Law of Cause and Effect, or of Karma, governs all disease. This embraces individual, group, national and total human karma.
PREVIOUS | HOME | TOC | NEXT