PREVIOUS | HOME | TOC
DISCIPLES AND INITIATES
It might be useful here to comment in a wide and general way, and with many necessary reservations, upon the broad sweep of some of these responses:
- Undeveloped humanity is primarily conditioned in its life and circumstances by the influence of the
lesser zodiac and thus by the position of the planets in the twelve houses.
- Average intelligent humanity and those nearing the Path of Discipleship and upon the Probationary
Path respond consciously to:
- The planets, affecting their personalities.
- The Sun sign, as indicating life trends which are already established and which constitute the line of least resistance.
- The rising sign in a small measure. This indicates the life goal for that particular life cycle or else over period of seven lives. The last two constitute the Greater Zodiac.
- Disciples and initiates can begin consciously to respond to all the above influences, handling them constructively, plus those potent yet infinitely subtle forces which pour into our solar system from the three major constellations referred to above. In the early stages, the response is in the subtler bodies and the brain fails to register them, but after the third initiation, there is a recognition of them upon the Physical plane.
THE PATHS AND THE THREE FIRES
- Electric Fire—Path of Initiation—4th Hierarchy; full Soul expression; Monadic life. Goal: Identification
with the Monad. Produces responsiveness to the three constellations.
- Solar Fire—Path of Discipleship—5th Hierarchy; full life experience; Soul life. Goal: Identification with
the Soul. Produces responsiveness to the twelve zodiacal constellations.
- Fire by Friction—Path of Evolution—6th Hierarchy; life experiment; human life. Goal: Identification
with the Personality. Produces responsiveness to the planetary influences.
PREVIOUS | HOME | TOC | NEXT