PREVIOUS | HOME | TOC
To these Rays must be added (in both groups of human beings) the fourth Ray which governs humanity itself as a center in the body of the planetary Logos, thus bringing all the Ray influences into a sevenfold stream of energy, playing upon the lower self in the three worlds or upon those who are entering into or are a part of the fifth kingdom in nature. Intensifying the problem for humanity as a whole is the problem of the individual within that whole.
To the influences to which he is subjected as an individual through his past and his own peculiar horoscope and to those in which he shares as a part of the fourth kingdom in nature must be added the effects of his two major Rays (personal and Egoic). These indicate his type of mechanism and his Soul quality. It must not be forgotten either that his seven centers are in close relation to the planetary centers and that he is conditioned not only by the centers in his own nature and their Rays but also by the centers found within the human kingdom and also by the planetary centers.
THE MUTABLE CROSS - THE CROSS OF THE HIDDEN CHRIST
- This is the Cross of the four major energies which produce the conditioning circumstances which transform animal man into an aspirant.
- It is, therefore, the Cross of the personality or of the steadily developing and finally integrating human being. This takes place at first in response to circumstance and later to Soul inclination.
- It is the Cross of temporal and temporary change, of fluidity and of those constantly altering environments which drive the Soul within the form from one extreme of experience to another, so that the life shuttles between the pairs of opposites.
- It is the Cross of the responsive form, nurturing and developing the life of the indwelling Christ, the hidden Soul or Lord of Being.
The four arms of this Cross are Gemini—Virgo—Sagittarius—Pisces. It is sometimes called the Common Cross because it conditions the common herd, the mass of humanity.
THE FIXED CROSS – THE CROSS OF THE CRUCIFIED CHRIST
- This is the Cross composed of the four energies which condition the life of the man who is first a probationary disciple and then an accepted or pledged disciple.
- It is outstandingly the Cross of the Soul. The man who is upon the Fixed Cross is becoming increasingly aware of its direction and influences and does not respond as blindly as does the man upon the Mutable Cross. He does not "mount this Cross of Right Direction" in a technical sense until he has attained some measure of Soul contact and has had some touch of illumination and of Spiritual intuition—no matter how fleeting that touch may have been.
- It is the Cross of "fixed vision and of that immovable intent which draws the man from points of light to blazing solar radiance." The man upon the Fixed Cross says: "I am the Soul and here I stand. Naught shall remove my feet from off the narrow place whereon I stand. I face the light. I am the Light and in that light shall I see Light."
PREVIOUS | PREVIOUS | HOME | TOC | NEXT