PREVIOUS | HOME | TOC
THE ORIGIN OF MANAS, OR MIND
This should all be studied from the Cosmic and Systemic, Planetary, Chains, Globes and Root-Races:
- Cosmic: Involves the study of the place of the Solar Logos within His greater sphere, bearing relation to the various suns with their systems, individual polarization and their interaction.
- Systemic: Concerns the Heavenly Men within the Logoic body, their interplay and cycles.
- Planetary: Concerns the history of the individual scheme and with the consciousness and evolution of some particular Heavenly Man.
- Chains: Students may contemplate the seven globes of the chain of which is he a component as seen in time: A scheme in its totality, corresponds to the Monad. A chain corresponds to the Egoic body of a human being, the Causal body with its seven great cycles.
- Globes: A globe, with its seven races corresponds to a particular series of incarnations in connection with a man, incarnate or discarnate, for all globes are not on physical levels. A physical globe in a chain corresponds to a particular incarnation of a man, planet, etc.
- Root-Races: In a root-race, a Heavenly Man is living out His life, developing Buddhi and in the process of experiencing. He sweeps into his vibratory capacity all cells in His body.
The Fourth Kingdom and the Hierarchy of the Planet: Students are aware that manas came present within the human family on Earth during the third root-race by the coming, in bodily presence, of certain great Entities from the Venusian chain and that they undertook the government of the planet, founded the Hierarchy and many have since returned to Their originating source.
- This was literally the coming of the Avatar.
- This was brought about by a systemic alignment which involved the Venus scheme of the system, the Venus chain of the Earth scheme and the Venus globe of the Earth chain.
- The planetary Logos did not come from the Venus scheme, but from the Venus chain of His own scheme, the Earth scheme.
1. Manas and Karma
Having seen that manas is the intelligent purpose of some Being, working out in active objectivity, and upon having touched the inter-relation between certain Entities, it may now be possible to envision the manasic principle in all three cases. The mystery lies hidden in two fundamentals:
- The resolution of the six pointed star into the five-pointed star.
- The mystery of the Lords of Karma, who are in them selves, the sole recipients of the Mind purposes of that Entity Who enfolds our Solar Logos within His consciousness.
2. Manas and Karmic Purpose
If it is realized that manas and intelligent purpose are practically synonymous terms, will be apparent that karma and the activities of the Lipika Lords will be involved in the matter. It will also be apparent that only as the lower mind is transmuted into the abstract, or higher mind, and from thence into the intuition, will man be able to understand the significance of manas. Man is Spirit working through matter by means of the intelligence. As man progresses, he realizes that the aim of evolution for him is to consciously build the channel between the planes of the abstract, or the ideal and the concrete ones whereon he normally functions.
PREVIOUS | HOME | TOC | NEXT